6278. Hawklords (Hawkwind) - The Age of the Micro Man

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81kpQy3VRIL._SX522_.jpg
From: 25 Years On (Hawklords); Year: 1978; Genre: Psychedelic Rock/New Wave
Here is a good one from that one album from the band that has a double-identity crisis both in title and the band's name. As with such difficulties, apparently lawsuits and lawyers were working behind the scenes discerning as to ownership to the name "Hawkwind," which kind of made a mess of this record. For this one they changed their name to "Hawklords," which also became the title as well. With subsequent releases they went back to their Hawkwind moniker and later changed the record's title as well. Although, in 2008 Harvey Bainbridge revived the Hawklords name and restarted the band.
Anyway, this one is a great blend of their psychedelic space rock and the emerging new wave sound with some nice lyrics that tell a deep, dystopian story that would make a good book/movie.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: The Beatles - Act Naturally

My song pick 6 years ago today: Asia - Cutting it Fine

My song pick 7 years ago today: Steve Vai - An Earth Dweller's Return/Here & Now

My song pick 8 years ago today: KC and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty

My song pick 9 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Tramp

My song pick 10 years ago today: Van der Graaf Generator - Darkness 11/11

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Police - Walking on the Moon

My song pick 12 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Misty Mountain Hop

My song pick 13 years ago today: Émile Waldteufel - Op. 232 - Rococo-Polka

My song pick 14 years ago today: Sky - Sarabande

My song pick 15 years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - On The Hunt

My song pick 16 years ago today: Ian Anderson - A Better Moon
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship