6280. Eric Clapton featuring Tina Turner - Tearing Us Apart

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81cA4qzih0L._SX522_.jpg
From: August; Year: 1986; Genre: Blues Rock
It seems as though I've been gravitating towards Eric Clapton's 1980s releases the older I get. Whilst I still love to rock out to tunes like Layla, Bellbottom Blues, and really anything from his work with Cream especially, there's just something about the songs of this era that draw me in. Probably has to do with me growing up during the time they were new and the fact I absolutely adore the rhythm section he employed at this point in time. Nathan East is just amazing and one of my musical heroes and him pairing up with the awesome Phil Collins, the rhythms section was top-notch; he really does know whom to associate with on recordings.
Anyway, this is just one of those hard rockin' "feel good" tunes that you could probably play in almost any situation and people will enjoy it, which is a-typical of most blues rock.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Harlequin - Turn Around

My song pick 6 years ago today: Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe - Fist of Fire

My song pick 7 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rhythm In Gold

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Eagles - Already Gone

My song pick 9 years ago today: Cameo - Back and Forth

My song pick 10 years ago today: Michael Kiwanuka - Tell Me a Tale

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Monkey Man

My song pick 12 years ago today: Boston - Peace of Mind

My song pick 13 years ago today: Weezer - Buddy Holly

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rammstein - Ich Will

My song pick 15 years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Mad Hatter

My song pick 16 years ago today: Ludwig van Beethoven - Op. 27, No.2 - Moonlight Sonata
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship