6285. Red Siren - All Is Forgiven

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61mB2gyRe0L._SX522_.jpg
From: All Is Forgiven; Year: 1989; Genre: Rock
Man, 1989, truthfully it doesn't seem like that long ago; I remember that time quite well. Here's another one that just happened to come into my mind after over 30 years of not hearing it; I really want to know why these old songs that I have not listened to just seem to just surface randomly.
Anyway, I remember hearing this one quite a lot back then and never knew who it was that wrote and performed it. Apparently this was the band's debut and seems like their only studio record with original content; there seems to be some tribute material since, but I am not 100% sure of the facts, so I'll leave it at that. It is also the first album to be recorded to hard disc instead of tape, or at least that is the claim. When first recorded the band was under the name "Siren," however, another band that already had than name threatened a lawsuit, so they added "Red" to their name.
It is somewhat confusing, but it is still a great track, which reminds me just a bit of the Swedish band Roxette.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Finntroll - Midvinterdraken

My song pick 6 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Night in the Wilderness

My song pick 7 years ago today: Rodrigo - Concierto de Aranjuez

My song pick 8 years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Entrow

My song pick 9 years ago today: Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance

My song pick 10 years ago today: Genesis - Duchess

My song pick 11 years ago today: ABBA - Arrival

My song pick 12 year ago today: Barenaked Ladies - The Old Apartment

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - 100 Years Ago

My song pick 14 years ago today: Eisbrecher - Mein Blut

My song pick 15 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Lookin' Out For #1

My song pick 16 years ago today: Rammstein - Sonne
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship