6289. Sly and the Family Stone - I'm An Animal

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61epyAn15BL.jpg
From: Life; Year: 1968; Genre: Funk/Psychedelic Rock/Soul
Nothing like the uplifting sound of Sly and the Family Stone to glide the workweek to a safe landing. Actually just recently started listening to this record and am really liking wot I am hearing. Not that this is a "forgotten album," but it is overshadowed by both its predecessor and its successor, which were an amazing classic and landmark recording respectively. Whilst they were without a doubt a success, after this point in their career the band took off into the stratosphere became musical legend.
Anyway, this is a great one if you like some soulful psychedelic funk; just sit back and let that groove take you away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Journey - Kohoutek

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Chakachas - Yo Soy Cubano

My song pick 7 years ago today: George Gershwin - An American in Paris

My song pick 8 years ago today: War - Summer

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Mamas & the Papas - Go Where You Wanna Go

My song pick 10 years ago today: Journey - Wheel in the Sky

My song pick 11 years ago today: Santana - La Fuente del Ritmo

My song pick 12 years ago today: King Crimson - The Court of the Crimson King

My song pick 13 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Yours Truly, 2095

My song pick 14 years ago today: Stahlhammer - Herz Aus Stahl

My song pick 15 years ago today: America - Sister Golden Hair

My song pick 16 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship