3605. Roman Holliday - Don't Try to Stop It

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81xahykcSiL._SX522_.jpg
From: Cookin' on the Roof; Year: 1983; Genre: New Wave/Rockabilly
Whilst working on the yard yesterday I had this song pop into my mind and continue to stay there. I have not heard it for over 30 years or thereabouts, so I don't know where it came from; but I'll take it as a sign I should pick it.
I had to do a search to find the band that did it, but they sound, at least in this song, like a new wave Stray Cats to my ears. Apparently Roman Holliday only had a couple of hits with this being the big one.

Hear Don't Try to Stop It on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Grateful Dead - Dark Star

My song pick two years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Rock it

My song pick three years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - In the Stone

My song pick four years ago today: America - You Can Do Magic

My song pick five years ago today: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 1a - Andante in C

My song pick six years ago today: The Grateful Dead - Help is on the Way/Slipknot!

My song pick seven years ago today: Louis Armstrong - Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen

My song pick eight years ago today: R.E.O. Speedwagon - Take It On The Run

My song pick nine years ago today: The Grass Roots - Temptation Eyes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade