3427. Woody Guthrie - Tom Joad (Parts 1+2)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51xCC5Zk1eL.jpg
From: Dust Bowl Ballads; Year: 1940; Genre: Folk
I was thinking a lot about the Steinbeck classic The Grapes of Wrath this morning and it got me in the mood to listen to something about it.
This track, also known as The Ballad of Tom Joad, is, of course, Wood Guthrie's folk song written about one of the main characters in the book: Tom Joad. It's pretty good synopsis of the character's journey in the book with some very heavy lyrics.

Hear Tom Joad (Parts 1+2) on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Big Bang Baby

My song pick two years ago today: Maktub - Motherfucker

My song pick three years ago today: Saga - It's Time (Chapter Three)

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - Red Sector A

My song pick five years ago today: Muse - Exogenesis: Symphony Parts 1,2, and 3

My song pick six years ago today: Hawkwind - Spirit of the Age

My song pick seven years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Flow My Tears

My song pick eight years ago today: Nightwish - I Wish I Had An Angel

My song pick nine years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride and Joy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade