3451. Benny Carter - Pick Yourself Up

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/618LPjnO69L._SS500.jpg
From: Cosmopolite; Year: 1956; Genre: Hard Bop Jazz
I haven't run into a song performed by Benny Carter I didn't like; he has to be one of my absolute favourite jazz masters from the 1950s and on.
Boy, this is music for the depths of your soul and out, perfect for a cold winter day.

Hear Pick Yourself Up on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Rush - Best I Can

My song pick two years ago today: Waylon Jennings - I'm a Ramblin' Man

My song pick three years ago today: Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade

My song pick four years ago today: Gentle Giant - The House, The Street, The Room

My song pick five years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Something to Believe In

My song pick six years ago today: Dizzy Gillespie - One Note Samba

My song pick seven years ago today: Steely Dan - Josie

My song pick eight years ago today: Joni Mitchell - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat

My song pick nine years ago today: Big Country - In A Big Country


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade