3434. Rush - Marathon

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51epQ4gWORL.jpg
From: Power Windows; Year: 1985; Genre: Progressive Rock/New Wave
Just in the mood for something for something from Rush today; this is one of my favourites off of their Power Windows album. I for one am a bit different on my outlook on the keyboard synth era than some Rush fans; I grew up hearing music like this and it has a special place for me and always will. It's also not as bad as some say, but to each their own; it might not be among their best eras, but I love it all the same.

Hear Marathon on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Devo - Beautiful World

My song pick two years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - E-Man Boogie

My song pick three years ago today: Yes - The Man You Always Wanted Me to Be

My song pick four years ago today: Soundgarden - Non-State Actor

My song pick five years ago today: The Mushroom Tabernacle Choir - 12 Drugs of Christmas

My song pick six years ago today: David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

My song pick seven years ago today: Ian Anderson - In the Moneylender's Temple

My song pick eight years ago today: Dobie Grey - Drift Away

My song pick nine years ago today: Lobo - Gypsy and the Midnight Ghost


Comments

  1. Synths, schmynths. This is one of the greatest songs in their entire catalog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear another Rush fan who thinks the same way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade