Monday, December 12, 2016

3434. Rush - Marathon

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51epQ4gWORL.jpg
From: Power Windows; Year: 1985; Genre: Progressive Rock/New Wave
Just in the mood for something for something from Rush today; this is one of my favourites off of their Power Windows album. I for one am a bit different on my outlook on the keyboard synth era than some Rush fans; I grew up hearing music like this and it has a special place for me and always will. It's also not as bad as some say, but to each their own; it might not be among their best eras, but I love it all the same.

Hear Marathon on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Devo - Beautiful World

My song pick two years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - E-Man Boogie

My song pick three years ago today: Yes - The Man You Always Wanted Me to Be

My song pick four years ago today: Soundgarden - Non-State Actor

My song pick five years ago today: The Mushroom Tabernacle Choir - 12 Drugs of Christmas

My song pick six years ago today: David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

My song pick seven years ago today: Ian Anderson - In the Moneylender's Temple

My song pick eight years ago today: Dobie Grey - Drift Away

My song pick nine years ago today: Lobo - Gypsy and the Midnight Ghost


2 comments:

  1. Synths, schmynths. This is one of the greatest songs in their entire catalog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear another Rush fan who thinks the same way.

      Delete