5350. Laura Branigan - Forever Young

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81EREkFhxlL._SS500_.jpg
From: Hold Me; Year: 1984; Genre: Rock/Pop
I don't know for sure why, but I felt compelled to revisit Laura Branigan's music today for this song pick on my blog. This is a really good cover of the song originally written and recorded by the German band Alphaville a year prior, sadly this cover apparently did not do as well in the charts or gain as much fanfare as the original. Whilst not as good in my opinion as the original Alphaville version, she did an excellent job with it and with her superb vocal talent bringing the full emotion out for the very heavy subject matter.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Huey Lewis & The News - Workin' for a Livin'

My song pick 4 years ago today: Melvins - Eye Flys

My song pick 5 years ago today: Pallas - Shadow of the Sun

My song pick 6 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Radio

My song pick 7 years ago today: Genesis - Harlequin

My song pick 8 years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

My song pick 9 years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Fat

My song pick 10 years ago today: Kreeps - Bad Voodoo

My song pick 11 years ago today: David Bowie - Up the Hill Backwards

My song pick 12 years ago today: Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where The Time Goes

My song pick 13 years ago today: Savatage - Sleep

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Beatles - Across The Universe
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In