5335. George Harrison - This Guitar (Can't Keep From Crying)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51ufqQ5TnwL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Extra Texture (Read All About It); Year: 1975; Genre: Rock
I'm not sure why, but I felt like listening to some of George Harrison's post-Beatles music and picking something from that era as well. From what I can understand, this song is a sequel of sorts to his epic song he recorded with The Beatles that featured Eric Clapton: While Guitar Gently Weeps. It was also apparently written in response to critics who viciously panned his previous tour and record for seemingly nothing more than him not playing material from or music that sounded like The Beatles. This appears to have been a running theme all the former members of the group had to deal with as they went on their own way to other projects and solo work. Personally, whilst I like a goodly amount of The Beatles' music, I really like how they progressed afterwards and continued to evolve artistically. To me, this is another in many instances where music critics show their worthlessness and how their opinions are utter garbage.
Anyway, (like the song's apparent predecessor), it features excellent and beautiful guitar work throughout, but with a more modern feel and a heavier beat to it to boot.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Getaway

My song pick 4 years ago today: Crowded House - I Walk Away

My song pick 5 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Gold Dust Woman

My song pick 6 years ago today: Rush - Workin' Them Angels

My song pick 7 years ago today: AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

My song pick 8 years ago today: Lobo - Running Deer

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rush - Wish Them Well

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Beatles - In My Life

My song pick 11 years ago today: Fairport Convention - She Moves Through the Fair

My song pick 12 years ago today: Uriah Heep - Gypsy

My song pick 13 years ago today: T-Rex - Bang a Gong (Get it On)

My song pick 14 years ago today: Savatage - Devastation
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In