5351. The Guess Who? - Guess I'll Find a Place

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61AX0hLsEXL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: It's Time; Year: 1966; Genre: Rock
I was thinking about this album, which is essentially kind of the "pivot," if you will, in The Guess Who's direction as a band. This song in particular I find very fitting being at the end of the original record and has the group's soon-to-be former lead singer Chad Allen on lead vocals and their future lead singer, Burton Cummings, on backing vocals. After this The Guess Who would go from moderate success, mostly in their native Canada, on to huge international success.
Guess I'll Find a Place has real beautiful guitar picking backed by a Latin beat, which kind of gives it a somewhat of an exotic sound.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Graham Central Station - Mirror

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Little Wing

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Cosmic Sound Orchestra - Movin' Groovin'

My song pick 6 years ago today: Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion

My song pick 7 years ago today: B. Bumble & the Stingers - Bumble Boogie

My song pick 8 years ago today: Marillion - Chelsea Monday

My song pick 9 years ago today: Boston - Feelin' Satisfied

My song pick 10 years ago today: Cybotron - Arrakis

My song pick 11 years ago today: Rush - Entre Nous

My song pick 12 years ago today: Black Sabbath - War Pigs

My song pick 13 years ago today: Pink Floyd - One Of These Days

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rare and Precious Chain
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In