5328. Napoleon XIV - Marching Off To Bedlam

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61g4blONEvL._SX522_.jpg
From: They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!; Year: 1966; Genre: Comedy
A song about craziness just seemed perfect for today's pick and wot better artist to go with than Jerry Samuels, aka Napoleon XIV. Most would know his popular song They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha-Haaa!, but most probably did not know that he made an entire record as well; this is another one of the tracks from it. Like the fore-mentioned song, this one is mostly drums/percussion/vocalized percussion with syncopated lyrics and odd sound effects/recording techniques as to convey a feeling of utter madness to a marching beat.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Jethro Tull - To Cry You a Song

My song pick 4 years ago today: Gentle Giant - All Through the Night

My song pick 5 years ago today: Duran Duran - Save a Prayer

My song pick 6 years ago today: Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

My song pick 7 years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - The Saga Begins

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Moody Blues - Ride My See-Saw

My song pick 9 years ago today: Hawkwind - Angela Android

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Manic Depression

My song pick 11 years ago today: Jon Oliva's Pain - Through the Eyes of the King

My song pick 12 years ago today: Nora Bayes - The Japanese Sandman

My song pick 13 years ago today: Queen - We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Little River Band - Reminiscing
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In