5349. Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Blue Drag

From: Swanee River/Blue Drag; Year: 1935; Genre: Gypsy Jazz
I had this song come on yesterday whilst driving, and as I could not immediately remember the last time I chose a song performed by Django Reinhardt and Stéphane Grappelli, I thought this take on the jazz standard Blue Drag would be an excellent pick. I believe that I have already chosen the version by Freddy Taylor and His Swing Men From Harlem quite a while ago, which shares some of the musical ideas with this version; it is not too far of a stretch since Freddy Taylor and his bunch worked with Django and company during the same time. 
Anyway, this Gypsy Jazz rendition of the jazz classic has something very welcoming about the overall sound and feel throughout; so much soul and beauty played by the master musicians.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Smokehouse - Polar Funk

My song pick 4 years ago today: Bob Dylan - A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall

My song pick 5 years ago today: Audioslave - Like a Stone

My song pick 6 years ago today: Rage Against the Machine - Darkness of Greed

My song pick 7 years ago today: Martin Barre - Spanish Tears

My song pick 8 years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Communication

My song pick 9 years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Livin' in the Fridge

My song pick 10 years ago today: Duran Duran - (Reach Up for the) Sunrise

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Offspring - Gone Away

My song pick 12 years ago today: Converge - Cruel Bloom

My song pick 13 years ago today: Flash Cadillac & the Continental Kids - She's So Fine

My song pick 14 years ago today: Lobo - A Big Red Kite
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In