5346. Black 47 - Black 47

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51Z0Qeu6TAL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Fire of Freedom; Year: 1993; Genre: Alternative Rock/Celtic Rock
Thought I would choose another one from Black 47, which is a band I have come to like quite a lot over the years. This is the song that is a reference to where the band derived its namesake that was the Great Hunger, (also known as The Great Potato Famine), which peaked at its worst in the year 1847. Whilst the lyrics are definitely ubiquitous in political and protest message concerning the horrific event and the struggles prior and since in the Irish nation, the music in particular is purely amazing in how it is written and arranged to aid and bring all the raw emotion to the surface of the piece.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Old Aces Die Hard

My song pick 4 years ago today: Harlequin - Sweet Things in Life

My song pick 5 years ago today: Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On

My song pick 6 years ago today: Kleeer - It's Magic

My song pick 7 years ago today: Geddy Lee - Window to the World

My song pick 8 years ago today: Joachim Witt - Immer Noch

My song pick 9 years ago today: "Weird Al' Yankovic - Grapefruit Diet

My song pick 10 years ago today: Soundgarden - I Awake

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dream Theater - The Big Medley

My song pick 12 years ago today: Wilson Pickett - Hey Jude

My song pick 13 years ago today: Johnny Mandel - Suicide is Painless (Theme from M*A*S*H)

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rush - Vital Signs
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In