5340. Foreigner - Tramontane

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61F8WzMrwsL.jpg
From: Double Vision; Year: 1978; Genre: Hard Rock
The other day I learned of Ian McDonald's passing after a long bout with cancer. He is probably best known as a founding member of both King Crimson and Foreigner, but had also played in other bands and with various other artists as well playing a wide variety of instruments and vocals as well as composing of songs.
Anyway, this track off of Foreigner's second album is, to my knowledge, the only studio recorded instrumental in the band's catalogue; it has a great, almost overture feel to it and I wouldn't be surprised if they opened live shows with it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Band of Horses - Part One

My song pick 4 years ago today: Maddy Prior - Deep in the Darkest Night

My song pick 5 years ago today: April Wine - I Like to Rock

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown

My song pick 7 years ago today: Luther - Funky Music (Is a Part of Me)

My song pick 8 years ago today: Neil Diamond - Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show

My song pick 9 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell

My song pick 10 years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime

My song pick 11 years ago today: Glenn Miller - In The Mood

My song pick 12 years ago today: Tarot - Ashes To The Stars

My song pick 13 years ago today: Goo Goo Dolls - Broadway

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Offspring - Come Out And Play
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In