5566. Rare Earth - Smiling Faces Sometimes

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/413bYfx4ZkL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Ma; Year: 1973; Genre: Psychedelic Soul
Been sick over the last few days, so I've not had a lot of time to listen to any music, however, this album and this Motown cover from Rare Earth just felt good. This track was, of course, first recorded by The Temptations, but made famous by The Undisputed Truth a short time later. Whilst not nearly at the level of the original, I really like wot they did with it in making it distinctively their own sound while keeping the original soul/message of the song intact.
 
 
 
 
 
 

My song pick 4 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Just Trying to Be

My song pick 5 years ago today: Pitchshifter - Genius

My song pick 6 years ago today: Styx - Born For Adventure

My song pick 7 years ago today: Ian Anderson - Heavy Metals

My song pick 8 years ago today: Yes - The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)

My song pick 9 years ago today: Yes - Perpetual Change

My song pick 10 years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Mephistopheles

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing

My song pick 12 years ago today: Azteca - A Night in Nazca

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band/With a Little Help from My Friends

My song pick 14 years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Midnight Special

My song pick 15 years ago today: Megadeth - Use The Man
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In