5551. Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61kiG0HWmjL._SX522_.jpg
From: Shaft; Year: 1971; Genre: Funk/Soul
I don't know why it's taken me so long to choose this classic track for my blog, but when thinking about today's Funky Friday pick it just happened to pop into my mind. Probably most people who've been around since the film came out have hear this song at some point, or at least know of it. The Theme, and the rest of the soundtrack for that matter, were a pure work of mastery and is timeless; it will undoubtedly be so centuries to come.
 
 
 
 
 

My song pick 3 years ago today: Foghat - Fool for the City

My song pick 4 years ago today: Asia - Daylight

My song pick 5 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Lowlands of Holland

My song pick 6 years ago today: Mr. Bungle - Squeeze Me Macaroni

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Delfonics - Funny Feeling

My song pick 8 years ago today: Alice in Chains - Heaven Beside You

My song pick 9 years ago today: Paris - Red Rain

My song pick 10 years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - Destiny Calls

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Who - Going Mobile

My song pick 12 years ago today: Louis Armstrong - The Blues are Brewin'

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Beatles - Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End

My song pick 14 years ago today: Bruce Hornsby & the Range - The Way It Is

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Charlie Daniels Band - In America

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In