5539. Eddie Hazel - Until It Rains

From: Rest in P; Year: 1994 (1975/6); Genre: Jazz Fusion/Psychedelic Rock
Was thinking about master guitarist Eddie Hazel today and thought I'd choose something from him. From wot I understand, this posthumous release was assembled from unfinished songs Eddie Hazel recorded in the mid 1970s and then finished by P-Funk members in the years after his passing. This beautiful, ethereal piece opens this disc and is definitely something to behold; he immediately blows you away with his amazing virtuosity, not with maximum notes per second, but he makes each and every note cry out and sing in the most purposeful manner. It still confounds me to this day how this master of his instrument is not spoken about in the same breath as those who are considered "guitar gods" and such; it's downright criminal.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Melvins - Heavyness of the Load

My song pick 4 years ago today: A-ha - Manhattan Skyline

My song pick 5 years ago today: Uriah Heep - Bird of Prey

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Who - The Quiet One

My song pick 7 years ago today: UPC All Stars - Don't Get Discouraged

My song pick 8 years ago today: Stahlhammer - Messerschmied

My song pick 9 years ago today: Chet Atkins and Merle Travis - I'll See You In My Dreams

My song pick 10 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - O.D.'d on Life Itself

My song pick 11 years ago today: Hawkwind - We Took the Wrong Step Years Ago

My song pick 12 years ago today: Oomph! - Das Weiße Licht

My song pick 13 years ago today: Trio of Doom - Dark Prince

My song pick 14 years ago today: Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn