5515. Journey - Destiny

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71Go8zEJMXL._SX522_.jpg
From: Dream, After Dream; Year: 1980; Genre: Progressive Rock
Some might not know much about this Journey album, which is treated kind of as an afterthought was actually also a soundtrack to a film: the Japanese motion picture Yume, Yume No Ato, which apparently itself has been lost to time. After the record founder Gregg Rolie would leave the band, which would go on its continue its success throughout most of the 1980s. I have always been a fan of both the earlier eras of the band as well as the material that would follow, but it is rather fascinating to hear what is basically the album that sits in the middle of one of the major transitions from one era to another, which for me this record shows aspects of the earlier progressive sound and the later more pop/rock sound the band is most known for.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Hall & Oates - Perkiomen

My song pick 4 years ago today: Jethro Tull - North Sea Oil

My song pick 5 years ago today: Lakeside - Taboo

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Flying Burrito Brothers - Sweet Desert Childhood

My song pick 7 years ago today: Cream - Sunshine of Your Love

My song pick 8 years ago today: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

My song pick 9 years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Lady Picture Show

My song pick 10 years ago today: Ludwid van Beethoven - Op.125 - Symphony No.9 in D-Minor

My song pick 11 years ago today: Stormwarrior - Heading Northe

My song pick 12 years ago today: Cab Calloway - The Jumpin' Jive (Hep-Hep!)

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Police - Synchronicity II

My song pick 14 years ago today: Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn