2995 Joni Mitchell - Furry Sings the Blues

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71vZssOcJ1L._SX425_.jpg
From: Hejira; Year: 1976; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Blues Rock
I had this album on my mind today and figured I'd go ahead and pick one off the album. This one was written about an encounter Joni Mitchell had with blues guitarist Furry Lewis, much to his dismay; apparently he didn't like the song and she didn't get permission to use his name from what I understand.

Hear Furry Sings the Blues on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Paul Revere & The Raiders - Kicks

My song pick two years ago today: C.W. McCall - Ghost Town

My song pick three years ago today: Stevie Nicks - Stand Back

My song pick four years ago today: Jigsaw - Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind

My song pick five years ago today: U2 - Mysterious Ways

My song pick six years ago today: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

My song pick seven years ago today: The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

My song pick eight years ago today: Jethro Tull - Part Of The Machine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade