3010. Dick Dale - Third Stone From the Sun

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512nD4RUxxL._SX425_.jpg
From: Calling Up Spirits; Year: 1996; Genre: Surf Rock
The last few times I've been on the road this cover of the Jimi Hendrix classic by the King of the Surf Guitar himself, Dick Dale has come on my playlist. I thought it was a definite sign this song should be picked. As should be, he pays homage to the original whilst putting his distinct mark on it.

Hear Third Stone From the Sun on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - The Revenge of Vera Gemini

My song pick two years ago today: Queen - Ride the Wild Wind

My song pick three years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Enter Maurice

My song pick four years ago today: Mastodon - Capillarian Crest

My song pick five years ago today: Hot Chocolate - Brother Louie

My song pick six years ago today: Rammstein - Frühling in Paris

My song pick seven years ago today: Jethro Tull - A Small Cigar

My song pick eight years ago today: Ian Anderson - Calliandra Shade (The Cappuccino Song)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)