2997 Jaco Pastorius - Soul Intro/The Chicken

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FFHbBnLiL.jpg
From: The Birthday Concert; Year: 1995 (1981); Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk
I had this funky piece of jazz on my mind this morning and thought it would make a great Funky Friday pick; my 109th in a row to be exact. This is Jaco Pastorius and a few friends of his doing a great live rendition of The Chicken originally written by Jazz composer/sax player Pee Wee Ellis. It was originally recorded in 1981 at Jaco's 30th birthday celebration, but didn't get released to disc until 1995.

Hear Soul Intro/The Chicken on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells, Part One

My song pick two years ago today: Mr. Big - Nobody Left To Blame

My song pick three years ago today: Savatage - Somewhere in Time

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Links 2-3-4

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Donaukinder

My song pick six years ago today: U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love)

My song pick seven years ago today: The Charlie Daniels Band - Uneasy Rider

My song pick eight years ago today: Megadeth - Psychotron


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn