3018. Victor Wooten - You Can't Hold No Groove If Ya Ain't Got No Pocket

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514sBmkGcwL.jpg
From: A Show of Hands; Year: 1996; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk
112 consecutive Funky Fridays in the can with today's pick; this is a far out entertaining track in the style that only the great Mr. Wooten could do. Other than some minor accompaniment this entire album featured just him his trusty bass guitar; a master and his tools.

Watch a live performance along with an interview on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: The Spooks - The Spook Walks

My song pick two years ago today: Midnight Oil - Drums of Heaven

My song pick three years ago today: Irving Berlin - Alexander's Ragtime Band
 
My song pick four years ago today: Queensrÿche - Della Brown

My song pick five years ago today: Van Halen - Unchained

My song pick six years ago today: Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns and Money

My song pick seven years ago today: Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes

My song pick eight years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 565 - Toccata and Fugue in D-Minor 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade