3086. Ennio Morricone & Joan Baez - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti (Here's To You)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41M1ZSFANRL.jpg
From: Original Soundtrack from the Film Sacco and Vanzetti; Year: 1971; Genre: Folk/Soundtrack
I've had this classic track from the master composer Ennio Morricone on my mind for the last few days; I thought I would go ahead and pick it.
Kind of a simple melody for such an epic track and dare I say; "anthem," but it does exactly as needed and then some.

Hear Here's To You on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky is Crying

My song pick two years ago today: Maddy Prior - Gutter Geese

My song pick three years ago today: Pink Floyd - Hey You

My song pick four years ago today: Return to Forever - Dayride

My song pick five years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Hot Rails to Hell

My song pick six years ago today: Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show - Cover of the Rolling Stone

My song pick seven years ago today: Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

My song pick eight years ago today: Jethro Tull - Crazed Institution


Comments

  1. To quote Spinal Tap: it's anthemic.
    I know this song for a long long time, my dad's a Joan Baez fan. I found the melody too simplistic and dull. I only knew it as "Here's to you".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat's a definitely an apt and succinct way to describe the song.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn