3110. Jim & Ingrid Croce - What Do People Do

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mDXP%2B2q9L.jpg
From: Jim & Ingrid Croce; Year: 1969; Genre: Folk
I cannot begin to count the times I've heard the song over my lifetime, mostly as a child; my parents, especially my mom loved this album and song.
Anyway, this is, I believe, the only studio album to feature the husband and wife duo of Jim and Ingrid Croce performing together; it was also his second studio album. While all of his major hits came later there is a certain uplifting feeling from this record that is not as noticeable on his later albums. Whilst I absolutely love his heavier songs, I love this material too, but in a different way.
This song is very much a folk song in the late 60s tradition with just enough great accompaniment, (the bass line is quite fun), and more of a normal"every day" subject matter and feeling that to some degree all can relate to.

Hear What Do People Do on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Rage Against the Machine - Take the Power Back

My song pick two years ago today: Dick Dale - Terra Dicktyl

My song pick three years ago today: Evanescence - Bring Me to Life

My song pick four years ago today: Alexander Porfiryevich Borodin - Symphony No.2 in B-Minor

My song pick five years ago today: Jon Oliva's Pain - Winter Haven

My song pick six years ago today: KoKo Taylor - That's Why I'm Crying

My song pick seven years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Veteran of the Psychic Wars

My song pick eight years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Bounty Hunter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade