3085. Benny Carter and Dizzy Gillespie - Broadway

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MMzvkZgQL.jpg
From: Carter, Gillespie, Inc.; Year: 1976; Genre: Jazz
Had some jazz on the ol' brain this morning, so I indulged myself with a selection from Dizzy Gillespie. Broadway from his album with the incomparable Benny Carter was one that caught my mood to perfection. Benny Carter, Dizzy Gillespie, and Joe Pass' soloing are all incredible throughout.

Hear Broadway on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Muse - Invincible

My song pick two years ago today: America - Ventura Highway

My song pick three years ago today: Nick Gilder - Hot Child in the City

My song pick four years ago today: Boston - Foreplay/Long Time

My song pick five years ago today: Gerry Rafferty - Home and Dry

My song pick six years ago today: Johnny Cash - One Piece at a Time

My song pick seven years ago today: Traffic - John Barleycorn

My song pick eight years ago today: The Moody Blues - Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?), Time to Get Away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn