3288. Quincy Jones - Summer in the City

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61KkzCzpfhL._SX522_.jpg
From: You've Got It Bad Girl; Year: 1973; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk
I was thinking about some of Quincy Jones' music this morning and as luck would have it yet again it's a Funky Friday.
This cover of the Lovin' Spoonful's hit classic is simply amazing to hear. Everything in this entire piece fits together to make a smooth yet gritty sound; those bass and drums carry the song whilst the keys lay down that amazing melody over the top; just an spectacular take on such an already great song.

Hear Summer in the City on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: The Delfonics - Hey Love

My song pick two years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Lazarus

My song pick three years ago today: Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)

My song pick four years ago today: The Beatles - I've Got a Feeling

My song pick five years ago today: Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien

My song pick six years ago today: The Moody Blues - The Dream

My song pick seven years ago today: Azteca - What'cha Gonna Do?

My song pick eight years ago today: Slaughter - Fly to the Angels


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn