3295. Luther - It's Good for the Soul (Parts I & II)

http://www.interestment.co.uk/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/luther-luther-380x350.jpg
From: Luther; Year: 1976; Genre: Funk/Disco/Soul
Oi vey, another Funky Friday so it seems... I was going to pick another song until I realized wot day it was; I really need to have some caffeine in my bloodstream before getting on the computer.
This is another funky track from the debut album of Luther Vandross' band of his namesake. This totally fun song definitely is one to make you wanna get up and boogie, especially if you have some platform shoes or roller skates around; just need a oldschool light show or lit up dancefloor....
Anyway, it's sad to say that I started getting to this band after watching some old Saturday morning public service shorts that featured the velvety voice of the late-great Luther Vandross; his voice certainly brings back a lot of memories of sitting in front of the television on Saturday mornings watching cartoons... oh the memories.

Hear It's Good for the Soul (Parts I & II) on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child 'o Mine

My song pick two years ago today: Charles Blackwell Orchestra - Taboo

My song pick three years ago today: Yes - South Side of the Sky

My song pick four years ago today: Pallas - Eastwest

My song pick five years ago today: Finntroll - Ursvamp

My song pick six years ago today: Eric Burdon & the Animals - Sky Pilot

My song pick seven years ago today: The Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child

My song pick eight years ago today: The Cranberries - Zombie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn