3266. James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612ICZXb%2BGL._SS500_SS280.jpg
From: Papa's Got a Brand New Bag; Year: 1965; Genre: R&B/Funk
When thinking about today's Funky Friday pick all that was playing in my mind was the King of Soul, and one of the main architects of funk, James Brown. If this one doesn't get ya movin' absolutely nothin' will; this song will undoubtedly be one that they'll be dancing to centuries from now.

Hear Papa's Got a Brand New Bag on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: What Made Milwaukee Famous - Just Run

My song pick two years ago today: Muse - Map of the Problematique

My song pick three years ago today: Stahlhammer - Nur Ein Tier

My song pick four years ago today: Mr. Big - Fool Us Today

My song pick five years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - E-Man Groovin'

My song pick six years ago today: Led Zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er

My song pick seven years ago today: Arthur Smith - Guitar Boogie

My song pick eight years ago today: Band of Horses - Ode To LRC


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn