5270. Cab Calloway - The Birth of the Blues

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61FWCQF2eoL._SX522_.jpg
From: Blues Make Me Happy; Year: 1962; Genre: Swing Jazz/Blues
Still, to this day, I personally have to say that Cab Calloway was one of the coolest and most awesome entertainers that ever lived, period. I really wish I had a time machine I could go back in time to and see the man and his orchestra perform live; it must've been amazing.
Anyway, I absolutely adore his delivery and vocal performance throughout this song, and most of his others as well; he truly was a class act that needs much more recognition than he gets today.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Soul Asylum - Black Gold

My song pick 4 years ago today: .38 Special - Long Time Gone

My song pick 5 years ago today: Woody Guthrie - Tom Joad (Parts 1+2)

My song pick 6 years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Big Bang Baby

My song pick 7 years ago today: Maktub - Motherfucker

My song pick 8 years ago today: Saga - It's Time (Chapter Three)

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rush - Red Sector A

My song pick 10 years ago today: Muse - Exogenesis: Symphony Parts 1,2, and 3

My song pick 11 years ago today: Hawkwind - Spirit of the Age

My song pick 12 years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Flow My Tears

My song pick 13 years ago today: Nightwish - I Wish I Had An Angel

My song pick 14 years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride and Joy
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn