5288. Chick Corea - What Child is This?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71P-48GccjL._SS500_.jpg
From: Jazz to the World; Year: 1995; Genre: Jazz/Classical/Christmas
Really, ever since the Charlie Brown Christmas special that featured Vince Guaraldi exquisite cool jazz throughout jazz has become somewhat associated with the season, it definitely has for me. This amazing rendition of the traditional hymn performed by the jazz great Chick Corea is a highlight for me off this nice compilation; I really wish they would've put more out since. I just love the expression and counterpoint he employs throughout the piece.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Pretenders - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

My song pick 4 years ago today: Bob Rivers & Twisted Radio - Didn't I Get This Last Year?

My song pick 5 years ago today: Electric Jungle - Funky Funky Christmas

My song pick 6 years ago today: Louis Armstrong - Winter Wonderland

My song pick 7 years ago today: Joe Cocker - With a Little Help From My Friends

My song pick 8 years ago today: Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - The Little Drummer Boy

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man

My song pick 10 years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Siberian Sleigh Ride

My song pick 11 years ago today: Twisted Sister - Oh Come All Ye Faithful

My song pick 12 years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Joy/Angels We Have Heard on High

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Kinks - Father Christmas

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn