5272. The Rhythm Machine - Brenda and Me

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81QXtdSQuwL._SS500_.jpg
From: Rhythm Machine; Year: 1976; Genre: Soul/Jazz/Funk
I had a song from Rhythm Machine come on while I was driving around yesterday and I have been thinking about the band ever since. It's an absolute shame that they only released one record and less than a handful of singles. I have no idea why they quit making music or what happened to them or why they shrunk away into some obscurity, they put out some amazingly good tunes and should be an act of renown in my opinion.
Anyway, because of this fact I'm having to start digging into deeper cuts from it and am sadly running out of songs of theirs to pick. This is a great 8-minute soulful ballad, that, while not among my favourites on the record, is a really nice song to sit back and listen to with headphones on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Grace Slick - All The Machines

My song pick 4 years ago today: Of Monsters and Men - Black Water

My song pick 5 years ago today: Blondie - Union City Blue

My song pick 6 years ago today: Candlebox - Change

My song pick 7 years ago today: Pallas - Atlantis

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Beatles - Blackbird

My song pick 9 years ago today: Vaughn Monroe - (Ghost) Riders in the Sky: A Cowboy Legend

My song pick 10 years ago today: Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door

My song pick 11 years ago today: Frank Zappa - Dumb All Over

My song pick 12 years ago today: Django Reinhardt - I'll See You In My Dreams

My song pick 13 years ago today: Queen - You're My Best Friend

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Zombies - She's Not There
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn