5374. Mott the Hoople - (Do You Remember) The Saturday Gigs

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/512ai2qsqbL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: The Hoople (reissue); Year: 1974; Genre: Glam Rock
Whilst this song originally was a non-album single, it was later added as a bonus song on later releases, which really made it more accessible to me to hear. Apparently, around the time before and after its recording the band had musicians leave and join before Mott the Hoople would essentially end and reform as "Mott," so it's kind of a great send-off to the lineup. I could imagine The Saturday Gigs being an excellent finale or encore song at live concerts being that it has that big, arena style anthem vibe to i; you can easily imagine an audience slowly waving lit cigarette lighters whilst they played it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Journey - Spaceman

My song pick 4 years ago today: Van Halen - And the Cradle Will Rock...

My song pick 5 years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Tears

My song pick 6 years ago today: Dave Edmunds - Slipping Away

My song pick 7 years ago today: Mountain - Mississippi Queen

My song pick 8 years ago today: Rod Stewart - You Wear it Well

My song pick 9 years ago today: Steeleye Span - The Twelve Witches

My song pick 10 years ago today: Georg Philipp Telemann - TWV 55:C3 - Wassermusik - Hamburger Ebbe und Flut

My song pick 11 years ago today: Steve Winwood - The Finer Things

My song pick 12 years ago today: Tarja Turunen - I Walk Alone

My song pick 13 years ago today: Link Wray - Rumble

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Carter Family - Wildwood Flower
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn