5356. Charlie Daniels - Robot Romp

From: Robot Romp (single); Year: 1961; Genre: Rock 'n Roll
For some reason I wanted to check out some more of Charlie Daniels' music today; I came across this early single and was immediately taken aback by the sound I was hearing. It's hard to believe that this one came from the same man who recorded The Devil Went Down To Georgia, however, I always knew he was a bit of a rocker at heart from the songs I heard of his growing up; he was influential in that late '70s-mid '80s country/rock crossover movement.
Anyway, this one has that very "dirty" rock 'n roll feel to it and apparently had a signature dance to go along with it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Sly & The Family Stone - Runnin' Away

My song pick 4 years ago today: Michael Penn - No Myth

My song pick 5 years ago today: Steve Winwood - Higher Love

My song pick 6 years ago today: Helloween - Lay All Your Love On Me

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Drifters - There Goes My Baby

My song pick 8 years ago today: Soundgarden - Spoonman

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Monkees - Daydream Believer

My song pick 11 years ago today: Muse - Resistance

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jethro Tull - From A Deadbeat To An Old Greaser

My song pick 13 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Oh Well

My song pick 14 years ago today: Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In