5375. Jethro Tull - Mine Is the Mountain

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/519kJE0EU9L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: The Zealot Gene; Year: 2022; Genre: Progressive Rock
I has this, the recent album from one of my favourite bands on my mind today; figured picking another one from the record would also be a good idea. 
In the same tradition that Ian Anderson has been touching on since 1971's Aqualung, this song and album once again touches on the subject matter of God's relationship with humankind and the predilection for complicating the image and the Will of God amongst other aspects. This essentially is almost the same as he wrote in the song from Aqualung, My God, which can be heard here on YouTube. Whilst this song is not quite a raucous musically, the way the heavy lyrics interact with overall more delicate sounds/vocals, the heaviness is played quite well with chord choices to build the serious mood. Whilst not as good or profound in my opinion as My God, it does a real good job of being a great piece of music to enjoy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Heroes Are Hard To Find

My song pick 4 years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Come Talk to Me

My song pick 5 years ago today: Chuck Berry - Maybellene

My song pick 6 years ago today: Maddy Prior - Rollercoaster

My song pick 7 years ago today: Bootsy's Rubber Band - Stretchin' Out (In a Rubber Band)

My song pick 8 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks

My song pick 9 years ago today: Hawkwind - Wind of Change

My song pick 10 years ago today: Alestorm - Set Sail to Conquer

My song pick 11 years ago today: Pee Wee King and his Golden West Cowboys - The Ghost and Honest Joe

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jerry Reed - Amos Moses

My song pick 13 years ago today: Santana - All The Love In The Universe

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Who - My Generation
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In