5359. Sam & Dave - Soul Man

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51ANd7b+C4L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Soul Men; Year: 1967; Genre: Soul/Funk/R&B
Whilst looking over some music last night I had this funky piece of soul happen to come to mind; I knew I had my pick for today, especially after realizing I had not chosen it yet.
What's not to love about this classic song? Great singing and performance, excellent music from Booker T & the MG's plus Isaac Hayes and the Mar-Keys as well. Basically they had a group of veteran masters backing up the incomparable Sam & Dave.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Eagles - Desperado

My song pick 5 years ago today: Megadeth - Poisonous Shadows

My song pick 6 years ago today: Miles Davis - Aïda

My song pick 7 years ago today: James Blunt - So Long, Jimmy

My song pick 8 years ago today: Alestorm - Death Throes of the Terrorsquid

My song pick 9 years ago today: Of Monsters and Men - Mountain Sound

My song pick 10 years ago today: Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

My song pick 11 years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - The Jam

My song pick 12 years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - La Mer (Beyond The Sea)

My song pick 13 years ago today: Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens - Top Gun Anthem

My song pick 14 years ago today: Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - Flight of the Bumblebee
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6968. England Dan & John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You

Song Picks By Genre:

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6967. Michael Kiwanuka - Final Days

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello