5394. Grace Jones - Slave to the Rhythm

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51-tpjfZD2L.jpg
From: Slave to the Rhythm; Year: 1985; Genre: R&B/Funk
I don't know why I had this one on my mind recently, but I thought this amazing track from Grace Jones would make a great choice for today's pick. Whilst it is considered under the genre of R&B with a lot of funk thrown in, it actually bridges quite a few genres from new wave to even elements of progressive rock. I really enjoy Grace Jones' voice throughout this song; so many excellent qualities.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Peter Frampton - Nassau/Baby, I Love Your Way

My song pick 4 years ago today: Hawkwind - Nuclear Drive

My song pick 5 years ago today: Alice in Chains - Dirt

My song pick 6 years ago today: Kool & the Gang - Funky Man

My song pick 7 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Too Many Too

My song pick 8 years ago today: Metallica - (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth

My song pick 9 years ago today: Guns 'N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

My song pick 10 years ago today: Jerry Goldsmith - Star Trek: The Motion Picture Main Title/Klingon Battle

My song pick 11 years ago today: Queensrÿche - Welcome to the Machine

My song pick 12 years ago today: Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only

My song pick 13 years ago today: John Denver - Season Suite: Spring

My song pick 14 years ago today: Duran Duran - Ordinary World
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn