5390. C.W. McCall - Black Bear Road

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71cvyd0-4DL._SX522_.jpg
From: Black Bear Road; Year: 1975; Genre: Country
I just discovered that C.W. McCall had passed away back on the 1st of April at the young age of 93 from cancer apparently. Back when I was really young my Dad had, I believe, his first three or four albums on vinyl; it been quite a while since I've seen them, so my memory is a tad bit fuzzy. Anyway, as with many young children growing up I was infatuated with trucks, cars, etc... and since a goodly portion of C.W. McCall's music had to do with such I listened to a lot of his music early on, so it's kind of a melancholy day for me. Black Bear Road was one of his signature "country raps" I guess you could say, way before the term existed; I've always been amazed at this song being about 2 minutes in length and yet tells an entire relatable story to anyone who has traversed such a "goat trail" of a road.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Small Faces - Itchycoo Park

My song pick 4 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Night in the City

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Psychedelic Furs - Pretty in Pink

My song pick 6 years ago today: Cesar 830 - Bridges

My song pick 7 years ago today: Ugly Kid Joe - So Damn Cool

My song pick 8 years ago today: Rage Against the Machine - Renegades of Funk

My song pick 9 years ago today: Triumph - Fight the Good Fight

My song pick 10 years ago today: Rammstein - Dalai Lama

My song pick 11 years ago today: Savatage - Day After Day

My song pick 12 years ago today: ? and the Mysterians - 96 Tears

My song pick 13 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Goodbye Blue Sky

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Bee Gees - New York Mining Disaster
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn