5399. Lou Rawls - Groovy People

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41aOmzKt+aL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: All Things In Time; Year: 1976; Genre: Jazz/Soul/R&B
I have been having Lou Rawls' music on the brain for the last little bit and really wanted to add another one of his song to my list. As with a goodly amount of "'80's kids" I was introduced to his powerful and velvety vocals through the Garfield Specials where he sung the theme songs, did duets with Desirée Goyette, and, of course, provided Garfield's singing voice. Because of this it was real easy to become a fan of him and his work, although it's still quite difficult to hear a recording of his without envisioning Garfield singing the song.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Keep On Chooglin'

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Luther the Anthropoid (Ape Man)

My song pick 5 years ago today: Pallas - Falling Down

My song pick 6 years ago today: Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway

My song pick 7 years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Whiskey Man

My song pick 8 years ago today: Alphaville - Forever Young

My song pick 9 years ago today: Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls

My song pick 10 years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

My song pick 11 years ago today: Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus

My song pick 12 years ago today: Looking Glass - Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rush - Spirit of the Radio

My song pick 14 years ago today: Duke Ellington (Earle Hagen) - Harlem Nocturne
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn