5412. Mel McDaniel - Bordertown Woman

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61pH0YJ+DnL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Mello; Year: 1978; Genre: Country
Not sure why, but I had a hankering for some of the older country music; I happened to remember that I had not chosen one from Mel McDaniel in a very long while, so this seemed like a perfect time to revisit some of his music. Whilst I'm not an aficionado of country & western music, there are quite a few I like; most of which come before the late 1980s, prior to that horrid, nasally "twang" that every individual in the genre who sings has affected for some reason. Most of the country singer of the 1970s and earlier just used the singing voice and accent that God gave them, like Mel McDaniel.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn