5408. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61PDeQ539kL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Maggot Brain; Year: 1971; Genre: Funk/Soul/Psychedelic Rock
Whilst getting ready to make today's pick I realized that it was Earth Day as well as a Funky Friday, so I could not let the opportunity to observe both go by this year. I didn't have to go far to find the song to choose; this one from George Clinton's activist psychedelic funk project Funkadelic. For the vast majority of the track's running time it is mostly an amazing instrumental guitar piece played by the late-great Eddie Hazel who apparently George Clinton instructed him to play it as if his mother had died. The full song was done in one take and is considered to be among the greatest guitar solos of all time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: 4 Non Blondes - Spaceman

My song pick 4 years ago today: Black 47 - I Got Laid On James Joyce's Grave

My song pick 5 years ago today: Queen - Keep Yourself Alive

My song pick 6 years ago today: Brass Construction - Changin'

My song pick 7 years ago today: Stealers Wheel - Right or Wrong

My song pick 8 years ago today: Rush - Before and After

My song pick 9 years ago today: Stratovarius - Atlantis

My song pick 10 years ago today: Alestorm - Pirate Song

My song pick 11 years ago today: Steve Vai - The Attitude Song

My song pick 12 years ago today: Richard O'Brien & Richard Hartley (from The Rocky Horror Picture Show) - Science Fiction/Double Feature

My song pick 13 years ago today: Puhdys - Bas Buch

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn