5387. James Brown - These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61pM2R8yJ0L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Hell; Year: 1974; Genre: Soul/Funk/R&B
A new month is upon us, it's a Friday, and it's April Fools' Day to boot. With all of these things happening I had a bit of a boggle as to an appropriate song I should choose and I came up with this one. This is an often-covered jazz standard written back in the 1930s and has been recorded many times since by many different artists; James Brown actually recorded it a few times apparently. This, very soulful interpretation with some funk thrown in as well is my favourite recording of his.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Def Leppard - Foolin'

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes

My song pick 5 years ago today: Roxy Music - Sentimental Fool

My song pick 6 years ago today: Azteca - A New Day on the Rise

My song pick 7 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Evil Woman

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays the Fool

My song pick 9 years ago today: Bee Gees - I Started a Joke

My song pick 10 years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - Fools Never Die

My song pick 11 years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Can You Handle It?

My song pick 12 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Fool in the Rain

My song pick 13 years ago today: Styx - Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn