5921. Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 566 - Prelude and Fugue in E-Major

https://media.npr.org/music/disneyhall/bach/jsbach200.jpg
BWV 566; Year: ~1705; Genre: Baroque Period/classical
Sixteen years now I have been posting a song a day; also keeping with my "tradition" of picking something from or associated with Johann Sebastian Bach.
Anyway, this is one of his organworks written during the first decade of the 18th Century, which apparently was a rather busy time for him for composing. From what I understand he also transposed this piece into C-Major (BWV 566a), which was for instruments tuned in meantone temperament, which would sound discordant in E-Major.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 90 - Es reißet euch ein schrecklich Ende

My song pick 5 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 130 - Herr Gott, dich loben alle wir

My song pick 6 years ago today: Schefczyk - Play Bach Funky

My song pick 7 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 230 - Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden

My song pick 8 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

My song pick 9 years ago today: 2590 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1077 - Canone doppio sopr'il soggetto

My song pick 10 years ago today: 2218 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 996 - Suite in E-Minor

My song pick 11 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV. 1051 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B-Flat

My song pick 12 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

My song pick 13 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1046 - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
 
My song pick 15 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1050 - Brandenburg Concerto No.5
 
My song pick 16 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1047 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In