5524. Jethro Tull - Occasional Demons

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51iCvKmHrVL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Catfish Rising; Year: 1991; Genre: Hard Rock/Progressive Rock
Catfish Rising is an album that really takes me back, not to when it was released, but when I bought it and first hit play on the CD player. That would be somewhere around '99-'00 when I was working at a fast food restaurant and started purchasing music that I liked. If memory serves me correctly, I got this one along with the other 'Tull CDs Rock Island and Roots To Branches at the same time online from a website that I do not know if it still exists; for me it was a brand new thing to buy online at the time.
Anyway, this is one of their albums that I like about half the songs on it; definitely not "album oriented rock." Occasional Demons was one of the top ones I really liked, it had a lot of wot I liked about the band at the time: the light and spacious sections of the song with Martin Barre's solos and the heavy rhythm section, and of course Ian Anderson still had a lot of power in his vocals. However, there is one aspect I absolutely love about this album and the two previous: the crystal clear sound from the excellent production and mixing. You can hear every instrument in almost perfect clarity at any volume; but I guess this was prior to that "loudness war."
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Dick Dale and The Del-Tones - Miserlou

My song pick 4 years ago today: Lonnie Mack - Memphis

My song pick 5 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Cemetery In My Mind

My song pick 6 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - A Time and a Place

My song pick 7 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Fire at Midnight

My song pick 8 years ago today: Wolfmother - Woman

My song pick 9 years ago today: Dick Dale - Banzai Washout

My song pick 10 years ago today: Megadeth - 13

My song pick 11 years ago today: Warrant - Heaven

My song pick 12 years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - The Wind Cries Mary

My song pick 13 years ago today: Savatage - Damien

My song pick 14 years ago today: Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn