3370. Canned Heat - Going Up the Country

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51L4h7Am9VL._SS500.jpg
From: Living the Blues; Year: 1968; Genre: Blues Rock
This is another one of those bands I haven't revisited in some time, but for this one I have not picked one from in nine years. So, borrowing an idea from an old theme week I did quite a while ago, I guess I could call this one a "...and about 3400 days later..." pick. I really should do another one of those theme weeks, I haven't done a theme week in a whilst instead focusing on keeping my string of consecutive Funky Fridays going.
Anyway, this is without a doubt the second big hit from Canned Heat with only a few other songs of renown. It was actually based on Henry Thomas' Bull Doze Blues; borrowing the melody you hear on the flute amongst other aspects of the song. It has a bit of an aged sound, but the blues aspects make it much more timeless and unique.

Hear Going Up the Country on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Soul Intro/The Chicken

My song pick two years ago today: Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells, Part One

My song pick three years ago today: Mr. Big - Nobody Left To Blame

My song pick four years ago today: Savatage - Somewhere in Time

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Links 2-3-4

My song pick six years ago today: Rammstein - Donaukinder

My song pick seven years ago today: U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love)

My song pick eight years ago today: The Charlie Daniels Band - Uneasy Rider

My song pick nine years ago today: Megadeth - Psychotron


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade