3391. Jethro Tull - Lap of Luxury

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61BowCp7HPL._SX522_.jpg
From: Under Wraps; Year: 1984; Genre: Synthpop/Electronic Rock
Jethro Tull was in town last night and I got to see them again; it was excellent. I haven't gotten to see a lot of concerts in recent years, so it was definitely a treat. I thought I would wrap up my early 80s pop/rock theme week with one of their songs.
This is one of the most "un-'Tull" songs and albums in their catalogue, and whilst it's definitely not one that a lot of fans of the band like, (quite a few revile this very "synthpoppy" album), on its own merit it's an okay album and definitely has its gems. If you've heard any songs off this album, a good chance it was Lap of Luxury; if you like keyboard synth and blazing lead guitars this one is right up your alley.

Hear Lap of Luxury on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Victor Wooten - You Can't Hold No Groove If Ya Ain't Got No Pocket

My song pick two year ago today: The Spooks - The Spook Walks

My song pick three years ago today: Midnight Oil - Drums of Heaven

My song pick four years ago today: Irving Berlin - Alexander's Ragtime Band
 
My song pick five years ago today: Queensrÿche - Della Brown

My song pick six years ago today: Van Halen - Unchained

My song pick seven years ago today: Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns and Money

My song pick eight years ago today: Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes

My song pick nine years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 565 - Toccata and Fugue in D-Minor 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn