3372. Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/717Q-prUGTL._SX522_.jpg
From: Gene Pitney Sings World Wide Winners; Year: 1963 (1962); Genre: Pop/Country Western

I don't know why, but for most of yesterday evening I had this rather story-driven classic track on my mind. Even though it comes a bit from the commercial side of music there's always been something special about it. Interestingly enough, the song has no apparent connection to the John Wayne/Jimmie Stewart film from the same time, which shared the title. I'm not sure why it was not used for the film, but from what I understand it was intended to be used in the film and some weird dispute happened and the rest is history. But, if nothing else you get condensed version of the film in a very descriptive song, so a bonus I guess. For me personally though, it's the music, especially the oriental sounding violin that's a big draw.

Hear (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Genesis - A Trick of the Tail

My song pick two years ago today: Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water

My song pick three years ago today: Parliament - Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker)

My song pick four years ago today: Pallas - For the Greater Glory

My song pick five years ago today: Steely Dan - Peg

My song pick six years ago today: What Made Milwaukee Famous - Selling Yourself Short

My song pick seven years ago today: Jethro Tull - Left Right

My song pick eight years ago today: Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes

My song pick nine years ago today: Eisbrecher - Ohne Dich


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade