5417. Artie Shaw and His Orchestra - Nightmare

From: Nightmare; Year: 1953 (1938); Genre: Big Band Jazz/Swing Jazz
Heard this one come on my playlist last night, after checking to see if I had already chosen it, which I had not, I decided that it'd be today's pick.
Ever since I first heard this piece of jazz I fell in love with it, such an amazing and brooding mood brought on by the melancholy melody and rhythm whilst his clarinet solos over the top.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Saint of Me

My song pick 4 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Dodgy Bastards

My song pick 5 years ago today: Nirvana - Blew

My song pick 6 years ago today: Faith No More - I Started A Joke

My song pick 7 years ago today: Bobby Lyle - Groove (Ain't No Doubt About It)

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Nursie

My song pick 9 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

My song pick 10 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Sligo Maid

My song pick 11 years ago today: Eddie Money - Gimme Me Some Water 

My song pick 12 years ago today: Steeleye Span - All Around My Hat

My song pick 13 years ago today: .38 Special - Fade To Blue

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Beltane
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In