5421. The First Class - Beach Baby

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61RsiqcvgNL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: The First Class; Year: 1974; Genre: Pop/Rock
Honestly, I have not heard this song in well over 30 years, but it has always seemed to be not far off from the recesses of my mind. Interesting enough, there are two aspects of this song that would probably throw people off: 1. It sounds like it was meant to be from sometime in the mid 1960s with all of the beach and summer subject matter along with the music, and 2. It sounds like it should be from a band based in the California music scene, when in actuality the "band" is British. After the song was written, apparently, they hastily threw together some studio musicians and cut the single and the rest is history I guess for this "one-hit-wonder."
I cannot for the life of me remember when I first heard the song, but I hazard to guess it came from one of my Dad's 45 rpm singles or one of his many "superhit" compilation records. Whatever the case, there's something about the construction of the song, be it the chord progression, the rhythm, the vocal melody or all of the above that implants it into your mind; not quite "earworming," but very memorable all the same.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn