5437. Aphrodite's Child - The Four Horsemen

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41phJhAfsHL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: 666; Year: 1972; Genre: Progressive Rock/Psychedelic Rock
The other day I found out that composer extraordinaire Vangelis passed away at the age of 79. He is most likely best-known for writing and performing the scores of Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner amongst many other films and documentaries. Other than the fore-mentioned movies my main exposure to Vangelis' work was the final album from one of his early bands/projects: Aphrodite's Child, 666. The Four Horsemen is one of the songs of notoriety from the record, which, of course, was a concept album based on The Apocalypse of John. It's a great dynamic track with some great musical ideas throughout and is one that is actually quite accessible to most casual listeners; the song and entire album makes for some awesome "headphone music."
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Jigsaw - Mystic Harmony

My song pick 4 years ago today: Chet Atkins - The Girl Friend of the Whirling Dervish

My song pick 5 years ago today: Alice in Chains - What The Hell Have I

My song pick 6 years ago today: Iain Matthews - Shake It

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Kinks - Moving Pictures

My song pick 8 years ago today: Stahlhammer - Fiend Hört Mit

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Doors - Soul Kitchen

My song pick 10 years ago today: Megaherz - Hurra – Wir Leben Noch

My song pick 11 years ago today: Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild

My song pick 12 years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - The Bertha Butt Boogie

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Serenade To A Cuckoo
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn